[Paraview-developers] CoProcessing error: object has no attribute 'vtkLiveInsituLink'

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Thu Oct 25 15:53:53 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Sebastien Jourdain
<sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hum,
>
> Do you try to do live visualization ? Or just dump image capture/data
> structure onto the disk while your simulation is running ?

I'm interested in the live visualization capabilities, so I chose that
option when generating the python script from the CoProcessing plugin.

> Did you generate the python script from the CoProcessing plugin or did
> you write it on your own ? With the changes that are currently in
> master the generated script has been greatly simplified and the
> pipeline is properly kept between time steps.

I generated it from the plugin. However, I've attached the generated
script because it doesn't look anything like the script you attached
previously.

> If you want to do live visualization, you will have to start ParaView with
>  "--multi-servers" argument. I'll try to remove that constraint but
> since you are kind of ahead of what is going to be released, that's
> the current path to enable the "Tools > Connect to Catalyst". But, to
> be able to connect to catalyst you should pick a script that as been
> generated by the plugin. Or you can try out with the one that I've
> attached in that mail.
>
> To run it just do: pvpython /.../script.py
> But don't forget to fix the path to the file that I'm using which is
> in ParaViewData.

When I run my script with pvpython FakeSimulator.py, I get an error
and it exits right away.

****

Warning: In /Users/quammen/dev/ParaViewCoProcessing/src/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMDomain.cxx,
line 128
vtkSMArrayListDomain (0x7f9a9517dae0): You have added a domain
dependency to a property named 'Input' which does not exist.

Warning: In /Users/quammen/dev/ParaViewCoProcessing/src/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMDomain.cxx,
line 128
vtkSMArrayListDomain (0x7f9a9517e040): You have added a domain
dependency to a property named 'Input' which does not exist.

Initialize Helper Script

****

I've also attached the .cxx file that is my "simulator". At what point
to I run that executable? After running the script and client?

Sorry to bother you on this. I realize you must be working hard on
this, and if my questions and confusion are just getting in the way,
then I'm happy to wait for when it is released and the documentation
is updated.

Thanks again,
Cory