[Paraview-developers] [Paraview] (Ordered) Compositing question.

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Nov 19 10:57:09 EST 2012

John,

Look at vtkStructuredGridVolumeRepresentation, It passes a
 "ExtentTranslator" to the view. The view uses the extent translator to
build the KdTree. That's one of specifying the cuts. You can indeed provide
a custom extent translator or if need be, that API can be extended to pass
some other data-structure to extract the relevant information for ordered
compositing.

For using opacity with polygonal data, simply go to the lookup table editor
dialog and (in the advanced mode) you'll see a checkbox to "Enable Opacity
Function". Check that and you can specify the opacity function.

Utkarsh