[Paraview-developers] ANN: ParaView 3.98.0, Release Candidate 1 now available for download

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Nov 9 01:54:57 EST 2012

Utkarsh

I wonder if we should add a separate option (or something similar) that allows users to add arbitrary libs and/or include paths) when using system-anything for that "something" and then users could add any extra libs specific to the external module they are using.

Yes. I think that's the easiest way. I managed to fudge the include_directories to pick up mpi, but had to manually override the link of individual targets to get the mpi libs linked as well. I will do it by modifying the third party macro instead because in that place I can cleanly insert the extra dependencies and not have to be intrusive elsewhere. Certainly the include directories will work, the libs seem to be handled slightly differently, because there are cmake target dependencies played with and we're adding a dependency to a non target, but I'll work it out.

I'll submit a patch once I'm done.

NB. When I asked about this kind of transitive link/dependency a long time ago on the cmake list it was suggested that when hdf5 is installed, it should actually add a find package MPI in its own cmake config so that any project that uses it is forced to pull in the mpi if it is needed. Ultimately, I think this is correct, but in the meantime, I'll fix the third party macro too

JB