[Paraview-developers] Paraview meeting, May 3

Weirs, V Gregory vgweirs at sandia.gov
Wed May 2 18:37:58 EDT 2012

Got this yesterday:

----------

A quick update on the AV and networking installation in CERI conference
rooms (127, 139, 166, 179)

A/V equipment and Teleconferencing:

* Currently the displays and projectors can be used for presentation,
though the rooms are not fully certified.
* May 18th.  Teleconferencing equipment is scheduled for final testing the
week of May 14th through 18th, and is expected to be online at the end of
that week (18th)

Network

* Currently the tables do not have network connectivity.  Instead, SRN and
SON access is available through wall plates in each room.  There are a
limited number of access points per room, so plan accordingly.  If you
experience problems, please contact one of the OAAs.
* Mid-May  Tables will be wired with multiple SRN drops.  SON access will
continue to be available through the wall plates.

Certification and training

* May 18th  We expect all of the rooms to be fully functional, and we will
offer training for their use.  In addition, full instructions will be
available on each AV cabinet in each room.
* End of May  We will have a monthly maintenance contract with Microtech
(Sandia's official AV supplier) to maintain the rooms, and provide email
and hotline numbers for problems.  Information about this will follow,
after the contract is signed.

If you have any other questions, please email me.

Thanks,
David Rogers