[Paraview-developers] Dashboard question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 2 10:01:21 EST 2012

Kyle,

Thanks

There is no way to un-merge but you can revert your commit and merge that into next.
<

Does that mean that next is continually growing with commits and reverted commits and if you merged a huge load of stuff by mistake, you can't reset next back to the point before you added a lot of commits to clean it up.

My hypothetical use case was that you merge to next, but get some unexpected problems, so you end up doing a whole bunch of small commits to fix the issues, afterwards you want to rebase all those branch commits into a single clean commit and merge that to next instead of all the duff ones.

Am I to understand that that's not possible in quite the way I imagined. If not, then I'll be extra careful about stage merge.

JB