[Paraview-developers] VTK_USE_X set to internal

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Jun 7 15:50:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Fabian, Nathan <ndfabia at sandia.gov> wrote:
> In a git pull from yesterday, it appears that VTK_USE_X is being marked
> internal somehow, so that I can't set it from ccmake.  I am trying to
> setup OSMESA and normally I think when checking OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA, it
> changes VTK_USE_X from internal to visible, but I'm not really sure where
> to look for that.
>
> Any help?

Why do you think VTK_USE_X is set to internal? I refactored the OS
Mesa support in VTK (and hence ParaView). I just pulled ParaView
master, made a clean build directory with no arguments (cmake
~/src/ParaView), and VTK_USE_X is there (in advanced) and turned ON.

You can see a selection of dashboard submissions including
http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2339963 on VTK that
test OS Mesa each night, and they are passing. I preserved the same
variables (searching MESA in the cache shows VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA
etc), so that the wiki instructions continued to work.

I can look into this further, but I am not aware of any CMake code
making these variables internal (and in my local tests they are
advanced as they have always been). I would appreciate feedback if any
regressions were introduced I can get them fixed up.

Thanks,

Marcus