[Paraview-developers] Change in behavior

Reuter, Michael A. reuterma at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 27 10:56:44 EST 2012

Hi,

While trying to get our application up and running in 3.12, I've run into two more issues. We have a display that allows one to add plane-aligned cuts to data at a given location by clicking on an axis widget. After one cut has been added and applied, I then added a second cut on another axis. Before hitting apply, what I see is in the attached screenshot. The plane outline is in the correct location and orientation, but the representation appears (in 3.10 it didn't appear) and is aligned on the origin of the orientation axes and oriented with default parameters. After I hit apply, the representation appears in the correct location and orientation. My questions are why doesn't the representation and plane outline both have the same location and orientation and why does the representation now show up? The relevant code that creates the cuts is found in the makeCut function in the attached code file. Is there a better way to create the cuts in 3.12?

My second issue comes about with our cut updating mechanism for this display. When one selects and moves the one of the blue indicators (see screenshot), the cut is automatically updated to reflect the new position in both outline and representation. See the updateCutPosition function for more details. This worked quite well in 3.10. In 3.12, as soon as the indicator is moved, only outline is moved and the apply button lights up. In order to recover the old behavior, I have a mechanism to trigger the apply button that I can add at the end of the updateCutPosition, but this results in an annoying flashing of the corresponding entry in pipeline browser. Is there any way to recover the old non-flashing behavior?

I apologize for hitting the list the last few days, but we're trying to move to 3.12 so we don't have to distribute a patched version of ParaView for our application. We had some fixes that make our application work, but they didn't make it into the 3.10.1 release.

Dr. Michael Reuter
Data Analysis and Visualization Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov