[Paraview-developers] Pipelinesource dataset type

Reuter, Michael A. reuterma at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 20 09:37:23 EST 2012

Hi,

                I have a reader plugin that in 3.10 correctly reports the dataset type (VTK_UNSTRUCTURED_GRID) in a call to pqObjectBuilder::createDataRepresentation via vtkPVDataInformation::GetDataSetType during the pqView::canDisplay check, but in 3.12 that same function call returns -1. This causes the returned pqDataRepresentation to be NULL. Is there something special that needs to be done by the plugin, either by C++ or XML, to register the correct dataset type in 3.12? I tried searching the mail archives, but I guess my search terms weren't good enough to find anything, so I apologize if I missed something obvious.

Dr. Michael Reuter
Data Analysis and Visualization Group
Neutron Data Analysis and Visualization Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Office: 1-865-241-7216
Fax: 1-865-574-6080
Email: reuterma at ornl.gov<mailto:reuterma at ornl.gov>