[Paraview-developers] ANN: ParaView 3.14, Release Candidate 2 Available

Philippe Pebay philippe.pebay at kitware.com
Fri Feb 17 01:49:56 EST 2012

Hello Utkarsh

The memory inspector is an excellent addition, I just tried it. Thank you
Philippe

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <
utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> ParaView 3.14.0, Release Candidate #2 is now available for download
> (http://paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html). (You read it
> right, Release Candidate #1 had a very short life span of couple of
> hours. We nabbed a pesky bug that showed up on Windows just in time.)
> These notes give a summary of the major additions to this release. The
> detailed change-log can be found at
> http://paraview.org/Bug/changelog_page.php.
>
> 'Find Data' dialog used to select elements using queries has been
> totally redesigned. The new design makes it possible to use complex
> queries to select elements including combining multiple test cases
> using boolean operations. More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Query_Data.
>
> A new 'Memory Inspector' panel was added to make it easier for users
> running on large cluster to identify and debug memory related issues
> by providing a mechanism to track the memory used on all the nodes.
> More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Memory_Inspector.
>
> Extending ParaView's charting capabilities, we have added a new
> scatter plot matrix view, allowing visualization of multiple
> dimensions of your data in one compact form, allowing you to spot
> patterns in the small scatter plots, change focus to those plots of
> interest and perform basic selection.  More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Displaying_Data#Plot_Matrix_View.
>
> The color editor used to edit lookup tables/color tables used for
> scalar mapping was completely redesigned to enable editing the color
> and opacity functions independently. Additionally, one can now specify
> smoothly varying opacity functions very easily. More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Displaying_Data#Color_Transfer_Functions
> .
>  Also, when coloring with an unsigned char array representing RGBA,
> it's now possible to render polygonal geometry using the opacity
> specified by the alpha component of the scalar array.
>
> To make it easier to deal with a large number of views at the same
> time, ParaView now supports creating multiple tabs for placing views.
> This enables rapid switching of views laid out on a tile-display by
> simply switching the active tab. More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Displaying_Data#Multiple_Views.
>
> With improvements to the view layout framework, it is now possible to
> change the layout of views using Python. More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting#Updating_View_Layout.
>
> 3.14 includes enhancements to the Plugin framework enabling developers
> to provide documentation for their plugins. The documentation for the
> plugins shows up in the default application help window accessible
> from the Tools menu. More information:
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_Documentation_for_Plugins.

> [...]

Philippe Pébay, PhD
Director of Visualization and High Performance Computing /
Directeur de la Visualisation et du Calcul Haute Performance
Kitware SAS
26 rue Louis Guérin, 69100 Villeurbanne, France
+33 (0) 6.83.61.55.70 / 4.37.45.04.15
http://www.kitware.fr <http://www.kitware.fr/>