[Paraview-developers] BUG?: Where can I get "mpirun" other than the folder of a released ParaView?

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Feb 10 10:15:09 EST 2012

By the dialog, you mean the warning about "StereoCapable" window, right?

<

Correct.

Just FYI.

Regarding the mpi connection to pvservers. I tried a few more experiments. Last night I manually started servers, then used reverse-connection local and it worked. Today I tried the same with my own build and it worked, but when I use the GUI, it does not work. I tried using the GUI from the downloaded binary and it also does not work. pvservers are correctly created, but the GUI does not connect to them.

Using reverse connection from the GUI, it also shows this error

[cid:image001.png at 01CCE80E.4E1336D0]

Which is exactly the one I sometimes see from my own compilation (which uses mpich2 not openmpi).

The code in the pqServerLauncher was modified quite a lot recently and I can't quite locate where the launch is failing. I've tested this on several windows machines and none of them work unless I manually start servers. I'm sorry I can't find what I'm doing wrong as I'm sure you wouldn't release an RC2 unless you'd tried it yourselves and it worked, but if there's anything I can test, I will do. My own suspicion is that somehow the args to the pvserver launch commands are getting lost so the connection is not being correctly initiated, but everything looks normal under the debugger. I ought to point out that I've been using the same settings for years and only when I switched to master (and now to 3.14-RC2) a while back did this problem arise. However I seem to be the only person with this trouble :(

Linux works fine. Only windows is affected. Can anyone out there test and see if their gui launched servers work ok?

Thanks

JB