[Paraview-developers] ParaView will not start in multi-core mode

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Tue Dec 4 10:41:16 EST 2012

Hi Seb,

I did not have any local MPI installed.

-Josh
From: Sebastien Jourdain [sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:11 AM
To: Joshua Murphy
Cc: paraview at paraview.org; paraview-developers at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview-developers] ParaView will not start in multi-core mode

Hi Josh,

which MPI are you using locally ? Do you know if it is the same as the one we compiled ParaView with ?
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Binaries#ParaView-3.98.0

Thanks,

Seb

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Joshua Murphy <Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu<mailto:Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu>> wrote:
Hello all,

I am getting the following error when trying to start in multi-core mode

Generic Warning: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMSession.cxx, line 266

Failed to automatically launch 'pvserver' for multi-core support. Defaulting to local session.

I can run in multicore mode if I compile the super build on my local machine, but the released version of 3.98 will not start.

-Josh