[Paraview-developers] ParaView will not start in multi-core mode

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Dec 3 23:06:40 EST 2012

Hello all,

I am getting the following error when trying to start in multi-core mode

Generic Warning: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMSession.cxx, line 266

Failed to automatically launch 'pvserver' for multi-core support. Defaulting to local session.

I can run in multicore mode if I compile the super build on my local machine, but the released version of 3.98 will not start.

-Josh