[Paraview-developers] Should 2d plots use Apply?

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 23 19:28:36 EDT 2012

I just taught a ParaView class, and a student asked a very good question.

Why, when you are turning various variables on and off in the Display tab of a 2d plot (such as PlotOverLine), doesn't the command wait for the Apply button?  Why does the Display tab break the "do nothing until the Apply button is clicked" rule?

Since the Apply button is now visible above the Display tab, I would like to propose that the Display tab controls also wait for either the Apply button or Auto Apply.

Thanks,

Alan

W. Alan Scott
ParaView Support Manager