[Paraview-developers] Time-varying data reader

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Thu Aug 23 17:22:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have written a customized reader in ParaView which reads 3D stacks.
Now I'd like to add the function of reading time-varying data to it,
so I can create animations from stacks.

ParaView has this function already. If I convert time-varying stacks
and name them stack001.vtk, stack002.vtk, and etc, ParaView would
recognize the sequence and load them in at once, and I'd be able to
play the animation just by clicking the 'Play' icon.

I wonder is there any example of how to do that to a reader?

Thanks,
Joe