[Paraview-developers] Testing external plugins

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Aug 3 14:54:08 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Is there any procedure for running dashboard tests on a ParaView plugin (as part of a project that finds an external build or installation of ParaView)? I have 2 problems:

+ Running ParaView with "-dr" means that the plugin must be loaded as part of the test script... but the path to this is system dependent, so I would have to hand-edit test scripts to change the full library path to  @pattern@ and run configure_file() on each one. Or is there some better way to load a plugin during a test?

+ How should ParaView be invoked? It doesn't look like ParaViewConfig.cmake specifies the location of the ParaView executable. It does record the paths to pvbatch, pvpython, and all the server executables, but not the GUI... and that apparently needs to be provided to smTestDriver via "--client". For that matter, it doesn't look like ParaViewConfig.cmake is installed anywhere.

	Thanks,
	David