[Paraview-developers] Building paraview Visual Studio 2008 and Cmake errors

antoine vial antoine.vial at ensta-bretagne.fr
Tue Apr 24 18:06:34 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

As I would like to write my own reader for pv I need to build it, however,
I can't do that properly.
Btw I never used Cmake before so sorry if these issues are obvious.

I have Qt 4.6.2, Cmake 2.8.8 and I'm trying to build paraview 3.14.0 on a
windows x64 platform.

When I hit Cmake's configuration button, plenty of files are not found. For
instance, on the first twenty lines I have:

Found Qt4: C:/Qt/4.6.2/bin/qmake.exe (found suitable version "4.6.2",
required is "4.6.0")

Looking for C++ include iosfwd

Looking for C++ include iosfwd - found

Looking for C++ include iostream.h

Looking for C++ include iostream.h - not found

Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems

Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems - Failed

Performing Test VTK_CONST_REVERSE_ITERATOR_COMPARISON

Performing Test VTK_CONST_REVERSE_ITERATOR_COMPARISON - Success

Looking for sys/types.h

Looking for sys/types.h - found

Looking for stdint.h

Looking for stdint.h - not found

Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
It goes like that all along....

Nonetheless, the configuration runs till the end and I can configure my
settings and create a visual studio file.
For this second step, I build the ALL_BUILD target  but at the end only 73
projects are built correctly, the rest fails. I took a look and the logs
and most the time, errors occur when visual studio can't open certain
libraries. As the build operation is time consuming I would like to
understand why errors occur instead of losing time. I can send the logs if
necessary.

I hope someone can help me
Greetings

Antoine