[Paraview-developers] Using PyQT in programmable {reader, filter}

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 07:04:57 EDT 2012

Looks like mixing PyQt and ParaView has been done at the client side
python shell level before and this is the approach I recommend for
you. See: http://markmail.org/message/pga4zilxynswhdef

I don't think it has been done at the server side programmable
filter/source level yet. Doing so is problematic because the server
side may be remote and when it is it is unlikely to have Qt available.
Similar issues have deterred us from sprucing up (providing a code
editor interface with syntax coloring and tab completion, adding
parameter variables, linking to the file browser) to the programmable
filter interface itself. We'd like to, but it never gets enough
priority to devote the time to do it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer