[Paraview-developers] Need help on pqOutputWindow

Pandu tech pandu4tech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:05:50 EST 2011

Hello All,

I have to add Output Window ( Tools->Output Window) as a dock window,
instead of a separate window.
The approach is to subclass pqOutputWindow from QDockWidet instead of
QDialog.

Sample Code:
this->OutputWindow = new pqOutputWindow(0);
and now I need to addDockWidget(Qt::RightDockWidgetArea, OutputWindow); //
But where do I add this line.. This addDockWidget is the member of
QMainWindow class and I must add that line in a class which is derived from
QMainWindow

Please let me know where do I write the line
addDockWidget(Qt::RightDockWidgetArea, OutputWindow);

Also kindly let me know if there is any other approach.

Appreciate ur help.

Regards,
Pandu.