[Paraview-developers] Ghost regions

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue May 31 02:40:11 EDT 2011

I have been working on a new set of filters for doing particle data analysis in parallel.
I wanted something like the D3 filter, but for particle data, so ghost particles must be found - not using connectivity - but instead using a region (kernel width) around each partition.
I've implemented a redistribution filter using the zoltan library from trilinos and all is working well, but to interface nicely with my existing vtkSPHProbeFilter(s) I ideally need to pass the ghost request in the form of a spatial dimension.
Current filters use UPDATE_NUMBER_OF_GHOST_LEVELS, which is an integer request, and what I'd like to say is
UPDATE_SIZE_OF_GHOST_REGION and use a value like 0.12345 etc.

Are there any existing classes which handle ghost regions in the form of spatial extents rather than levels?

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch