[Paraview-developers] Python build errors

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Mar 22 04:22:46 EDT 2011

I had some cmake related issues with my build, so I wiped everything and started from clean.

I had many errors when I turned on python (which I have had to disable).
For example.

vtkEdgeListIteratorPython.cxx
includes on line 14
#include "vtkEdgeListIterator.h"
which on line 44 defines
struct vtkEdgeType;

and vtkEdgeListIteratorPython.cxx on uses this line 220
  vtkEdgeType tempr;

but this struct is not defined, so the compiler chokes.

I get literally hundreds of errors like this in many files and decided that turning off python was my easiest option.

I have no idea why no dashboards have problems, and no doubt something is wrong with my setup. I did a git fetch and merge this morning from pv and VTK.

Apologies if this is my own problem and nothing to do with PV, but I mention it just in case.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/