[Paraview-developers] vtable Build Errors in implementing a custom chart

Scott Mandry scott_mandry at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:14:10 EDT 2011

Hi ParaViewers,

I'm developing a custom chart module, based upon the XYChart module.  I have made a duplicate set
of source files where the names are changed from e.g. *XYChart*.* into *MyChart*.*, and similarly
renamed the classes.  I've also made a new Qt module for the chart's Display Panel.

Source files that are dependent on the XYChart, I have added a dependency to the new MyChart Chart,
and tweaked the code accordingly; and adapted the relevant CMakeLists.txt files to recognise the new
source files.

However, on building, I get this error to do with vtables:

[100%] Building CXX object MyProject/CMakeFiles/Myproject-real.dir/qrc_MyProject_help.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/MyProject
../../../bin/libpqComponents.so: undefined reference to `vtable for pqMyChartDisplayPanel'
../../../bin/libpqCore.so: undefined reference to `pqMyChartView::pqMyChartView(QString const&, QString const&, vtkSMContextViewProxy*, pqServer*, QObject*)'
../../../bin/libpqComponents.so: undefined reference to `vtable for pqMyChartOptionsEditor'
../../../bin/libpqComponents.so: undefined reference to `pqMyChartView::staticMetaObject'
../../../bin/libpqComponents.so: undefined reference to `vtable for pqActiveMyChartOptions'
../../../bin/libvtkCharts.so.pv0.0: undefined reference to `vtkInstantiatorvtkMyPlotStackedNew()'
../../../bin/libvtkChartsCS.so: undefined reference to `vtkMyPlotStacked_Init(vtkClientServerInterpreter*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [bin/MyProject] Error 1
make[2]: *** [MyProject/CMakeFiles/MyProject-real.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [MyProject/CMakeFiles/MyProject.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [myProject] Error 2

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

 - Scott Mandry