[Paraview-developers] build errors

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 27 15:59:59 EDT 2011

I can't do
git submodule update
because all my submodules (vtk/xdmf/extra ones we've added) are on their own branches. I find it very hard to manage because I have about 5 of my own topic branches in vtk, plus xdmf etc etc.

How can I see the sha for the vtksubmodule in pv master? so that I can rebase my vtk branches onto that?

I've googled everywhere but can't find out how to show the submodule sha for another branch
git submodule status works for the current branch, but how for another?

sorry for being useless

JB