[Paraview-developers] Plugin client/server

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 26 21:55:46 EDT 2011

I have written a filter that runs client/ multiple remote server.  This filter works correctly, from what I can see.  (It just replicates a dataset, in order to create a larger dataset in memory for testing and benching.)

I am trying to convert this filter to a plugin.  It works local server, but fails client/ remote server.  I believe that my problem is that I am trying to calculate the geometric bounds of the dataset, and each of the processors is returning a different bounding box - representing the bounding box of this server's data.  What I want is the bounding box of all server's data.  I am using a vtkDataSet function called GetBounds.

My questions are as follows:
*       Is there an example of how to make plugins that work for remote servers, that calculate the bounds of all of the data, for all processors?
*       If not, is there anywhere that I should look for ldeas?
*       If not, is there someone I should talk to?

Thanks,

Alan

W. Alan Scott
ParaView Support Manager