[Paraview-developers] checked and unchecked properties

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jan 20 10:37:59 EST 2011

unchecked property values are not pushed or saved in state or
anything. They are only used by domains to update themselves. The GUI
sets them when the user changes a GUI widget before hitting apply,
without changing the actual property value.

e.g. ArrayListDomain needs the field-selection property to show either
cell or point arrays. Now in the GUI when the user changes the field
selection to "cell" he expected to see the cell arrays listed even
before he has hit apply. For that, the ArrayListDomain needs to use
the user-selected value, not the actual property value. In such cases,
the GUI sets the unchecked value for the property and updates the
domain.

Utkarsh