[Paraview-developers] default value initializer

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jan 5 09:00:31 EST 2011

Stephane,

> Thanks for the pointer. This is what is done on the PointSprite plugin to set the "ConstantRadius" default value, but you still have to manually call
> proxy->GetProperty("ConstantRadius")->ResetToDefault();
> in the proxy "InitializeDefaultValues" method, which is called from the Qt panel decorator, when the proxy is set and the information about size and such is available (this is later than the construction of the proxy).
> So this does not work in batch mode, and we still need to define a proxy subclass, not only a domain.

That definitely sounds like some bug. I'll take a look at this.

> Would it be possible to add a method called after the vtkPVDataInformation is available on the client, so that we can do defered property initialisations using these information? Or maybe, simply call the "ResetTo Default" method later, when this information is available?

Unfortunately that not how domains work, they are not proactive, one
has to manually updated them. One has to manually call
ResetToDefault() at an appropriate point after the information is
available. I'm certain the GUI does that, can't remember is the
behavior is exhibited by Python as well.