[Paraview-developers] Calculation of Gradient for Unstructured Grid Data

Jayesh Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:22:06 EDT 2011

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to ask since I am not actually
trying to contribute anything.
Just curious about some feature's development part. So please excuse me if
this is not the right place.

I've been using the function in paraview to calculate the gradient of an
unstructured Grid Data.
(Filters->Alphabetical->Gradient (Unstructured) )
I've noticed that the gradient of the data is available at the nodes of the
grids when the data
itself is available at the nodes of the grids. I was curious as to what
method, technique  or
idea was used to implement the feature. I myself need the same feature. And
hence, I was curious.

I have been trying to read the wiki and the class documentation. However, I
am not sure I am finding the
right gradient file.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Vinay Badwaik
Electronics and Communication Engineering
VNIT, Nagpur
INDIA