[Paraview-developers] ParaView and rendering composite datasets

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:09:53 EDT 2010

Utkarsh,

I've only just updated and noticed that some of my custom representations
are not working now.  I have been subclassing vtkPVGeometryFilter and
implementing RequestData as follows:

8<---------------------------------------------------------------------
int vtkMyGeometryFilter::RequestData(vtkInformation* request,
                                     vtkInformationVector** inputVector,
                                     vtkInformationVector* outputVector)
{
  if (!this->Superclass::RequestData(request, inputVector, outputVector))
    {
    return 0;
    }

  vtkPolyData *output = vtkPolyData::GetData(outputVector, 0);

  vtkPolyData* clone = vtkPolyData::New();
  clone->ShallowCopy(output);

  // now pass the clone through a filter

  vtkMyFilter* filter = vtkMyFilter::New();
  filter->SetInput(clone)
  filter->Update
  output->ShallowCopy(filter->GetOutputDataObject(0));
  filter->Delete();
  clone->Delete();

  return 1;
}

This now fails as output is not necessarily polydata.  What's the best
solution here?

Thanks,
Paul