[Paraview-developers] Question about interpolation->FunctionValues

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 13:12:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been writing my own custom streamtracer class and part of the development of this software has involved developing an interpolated scalar field class. This class is practically identical to the vtkInterpolatedVelocityField except it has only component.

I happen to use the FunctionValues function of the scalar field quite a bit from my streamtracer.  This slows things down quite a bit (moreso than the normal streamtracer class in vtk, since my FunctionValues calls are more abundant) and if I comment out the calls everything speeds up.  Unfortunately that's the only way I can interpolate values.

I was wondering if there was a way to speed up interpolation as I am new to this topic.

Thanks, Sohail