[Paraview-developers] ParaView 3.8.0 RC2 Available for download

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Sat May 1 11:40:00 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce the availability of ParaView 3.8.0 Release
Candidate 2 binaries for download on the ParaView download page. Final
binaries and/or more release candidates should follow shortly.

http://paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html

The original release notes can be found here:

http://www.kitware.com/news/home/browse/Paraview?2010_04_05&ParaView+3.8

The release was built using 643a47f3c24f5dde33dccbbb0f77a94d268866df of the
'release' branch on Git. We didn't make an official tag as this branch will
be going away as we implement our branchy git workflow.

Since the RC1 binaries released the following Bugs have been addressed.

BUG: Fixes for installing FFMPEG in ParaViewServers.
COMP: Link to FFMPEG if it is enabled
  We cannot transitively link in FFMPEG through vtkIO we must link it
directly if enabled.
BUG: Disable Surface LIC plugin on MAC as major work needs to be done to get
this working correctly.
Fix ExtractDocumentation to append and not override the runtime path.
ENH: Speed up vtkManta by changing to a one level manta pipeline.
  Requires Manta r2439 or greater because of the new flag I added therethat
enable the new Manta pipeline configuration.
BUG: Fix SMExtractDocumentation to work on Windows.
  ExecuteSMExtractDocumentation was recieving $(OutDir) on Windows and did
not know how to expand it. Changed the calling ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND to pass it
in
BUG: Fixes for documentation to properly be configured and copied.
BUG: Changed Documentation CMakeLists.txt to properly configure
index.html.in while only copying the rest of the documentation files and
images.
BUG:0010565 install VTK level vtkManta libraries with plugin.
BUG: Fix pvblot plugin's CMakeLists.txt
COMP: Fix FFMPEG try_compile link failures.
  When using older ffmpeg on the Mac the try_compiles are failing because a
link error and thus were not producing accurate configuration results.
BUG: Fix copying images into build tree to not replace @.. at .
BUG: Remove conditional logic so that OpenFoam is always built.
BUG: Do not build pvblot if python is not enabled.
ENH: Add missing install rules for FFMPEG to ParaViewServers.
ENH: Fix pv_install_library macro for use on Mac
BUG: Fix Macro to correctly install libs and their symlinks on Mac which use
a different nameing convention (lib.*.dylib) than Linux (lib.so.*).
ENH: Add display list control to manta benchmark and improve reporting.
ENH: Allow choice of manta accel structure.
  Expose it and sliding window to benchmark.
BUG: Fix streaming app build.
ENH: improve manta benchmark, especially make it measure preprocess time
BUG: Disable another manta test that isn't passing on the dashboard.
BUG: Adaptive wasn't clearing screen during interaction with colormap
scalars.
BUG: Silence proxy warnings by removing unused parallel proxy
configurations.
BUG: Disable Manta multilayer render test until it works.
BUG: Fixes to make adaptive streaming test at least run.
BUG: adaptive app settings were not being read until user opened
preferences.
BUG: Fix infinite recursion from selection inspector.
  Fixed infinite recusrion in selection inspector when "Create Selection"
was
  clicked for a source with global ids.
COMP: Fix dependency issue with documentation.
ENH: Clear out FilePrefix and FilePattern when loading time file series.
  When loading a time series of restarted Exodus files, it is important to
  let vtkPExodusIIReader to convert a FileName into a pattern of files.  It
  will not do this if the FilePrefix or FilePattern changes.  This can
happen
  when loading state.  To get around the problem, set those ivars to NULL
  when loading multiple files.
BUG: Ensure the model is updated when attribute type changes.
BUG: Fixed issues with initial display of data.
  Utkarsh and I worked through several issues with initial display of data
  in the charts, adding back in the attribute mode for the charts, and X
  array combo box update/save issues.
BUG: Fix two bugs in python trace and add a test.
BUG: with a server connection the global controller is null on the client.
Fix when server connection in global controller is null on client.
Fixed a bug where we had multiple definitions of the CTRL+O shortcut.
BUG: Export interface classes and move cleanup virtual destructors.
BUG: Fix install rule for sqldrivers.

Please feel free to try them out and provide any feedback about your
experiences with them.

Thanks!