[Paraview-developers] Cray Dashboard Failure Diagnosis

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sun Mar 7 06:34:03 EST 2010

Dear Anyone,

After much head scratching and recomiling hundreds of times with different options, I'm still no closer to solving an issue (Any many many thanks to Pat who's instructions I've been following, but I still get the same segfaults as when I did it myself using a slightly less 'strict' procedure).
http://cdash.cscs.ch/index.php?project=pv-meshless&date=2010-03-06
Top dashboard from Cray Compute node linux
Faill =414
Pass = 325

I don't know why these tests are all segfaulting (a few fail, that's ok, fail is alright, but segfaults I want to knwo why). Does anyone know what theses ones do that the others do not. Is one library in particular called in these tests that the others do not?

Any clues gratefully accepted

BIG NOTE : when ctest runs, I'm using an interactive login node, so tests which use MPI are being started with "aprun program" and are run on a compute node (some even pass).
Tests which do not use MPI are being run on the login/service node - they have the same CPUs etc, so all should be well, but it's a clue anyway (however some of these pass too, so not a very good clue).

Thanks

JB