[Paraview-developers] Casual Weekend Read: ProcessModule 2.0

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Jul 16 20:53:11 EDT 2010

My notes:

 *   Why does vtkProcessModule have to init functions that must be call sequentially?  Why not just have one initialization function?
 *   Can the client call AcceptConnectionsOnPort?  Is that for reverse connections?  The documentation that this class is to establish a service.
 *   The connections methods talk about sockets & TCP/IP.  What about other connection types like SSL, HTTPS, MPI, or Portals.  They come up.
 *   How does vtkConnection establish itself with a socket connection managed by the vtkProcessModule?
 *   I find logging a bit overrated.  I find I would usually rather have synchronous client/server communication where if the server is stopped the client blocks on the last call that initiated the server.

-Ken