[Paraview-developers] Adding a check for local Git hooks

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jul 6 15:27:08 EDT 2010

Now that we've had much discussion about whether to have the hooks at all...
time for the next question.

If the hooks are changed in the master repository, how are those changes
going to be propagated?

The check for the hooks is just whether there exists a git repo in the
.git/hooks directory, not what it contains...

Any thoughts on how to make the hooks change-able so that when changes are
made to the master repo, they get propagated correctly? Or, at least, that I
get notified that my hooks are out of date and instructions on how to update
them manually....?

Thanks,
David C.