[Paraview-developers] Parsing UndoSets With Python

Claurissa J. Tuttle tuttle at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 6 14:24:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to take data that was generated by the VisTrailsParaview
plugin and load it back into Paraview without using the gui.  The plugin
uses a pqUndoStack as well as some pq...UndoElements.  Since I'm writing
in Python, I tried using the vtkSMUndoStack.  Unfortunately, after some of
the elements are loaded into UndoSets, Redo does not always execute
successfully.

There are a few of options:
1. Figure out how to access the pq classes from python
2. Add additional code to work around the problem created by not having
the pq classes
3. Parse the file and load it in some other way

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is there an easy way to get the pq
classes wrapped in python so I can access them?

Thanks,
Claurissa