[Paraview-developers] MPI Parallel Sorting

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Aug 9 10:47:47 EDT 2010

Folks,

I am looking at the long standing feature request to add support for
sorting in the spreadsheet view. Our use case is that we have a large
array is distributed among N processes.
We want to end up with that array sorted but still distributed among
all processes. Most implementations I am looking at end up creating
one large sorted array on one of nodes. Does anyone know any approach
that avoids this generation of a large array on the root node?