[Paraview-developers] following a cell

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Apr 21 10:14:28 EDT 2010

I've never tried something like this, but I bet it would be possible to use Python to create a path-based camera track based on those coordinates. When you set an "orbit" type of camera track in the animation view, you set the points for that orbit and it doesn't have to be a closed path.

If you go into the Python shell, you can manipulate the points of the path:

pm = servermanager.ProxyManager()
# Grab out the animation proxy that is the camera path you set up in the animation view
# for me it was element [1] after looking at all the values
cam = pm.GetProxiesInGroup('animation').values()[1]
# The first key frame contains that path
kf0 = cam.GetProperty('KeyFrames')[0]
# Then, the points can be set through the PositionPathPoints property
pointsList = kf0.GetProperty('PositionPathPoints')
kf0.PositionPathPoints = pointsList.GetData() + [1,0,0]

Don't know if it will work, but setting a path point every so many time step values based on the cell location might be worth a try...

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group