[Paraview-developers] New XYChartView in ParaView

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Dec 23 12:29:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I just committed some new code into ParaView to expose the first of my
vtkContextView based views. Please see the screenshot I updated minutes ago,

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Charts/ChartAPI#Newer_Screenshot_in_ParaView

This code is still not complete, it only works with PlotOverLine currently, I
am working on adding proxies and API to support selecting the columns to plot,
setting the labels, colors, thicknesses etc. I wanted to commit some of the
code to get feedback as I work on completing the features for the chart.

You can select the chart manually when creating a new view, otherwise it will
not be used. I am currently working on the proxies to control which series are
plotted,, and the display properties of the series. The bottom right widget is
the new OpenGL vtkContextScene based chart, whilst the upper widget is the old
Qt based chart.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.