[Paraview-developers] October snapshot of ParaView III

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Oct 6 09:58:52 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I posted the October snapshot of ParaView III. The download links and
announcemets for all snapshots cam be found at:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III_snapshots

This snapshot includes binaries for Windows, Linux (32 and 64 bit) and Mac OS X.
I did not post the source because the CVS repository is now open to anonymous
access (yey!). Follow the instructions on the page to checkout the source from CVS.

New features to look for include:

* Addition of Display and Information tabs similar to ParaView 2. We are still
trying to decide what to do with these pages so the way they work may change in
the future. It is still possible to access the statistics page from
View->Statistics View and the display page from the contextual menu of
individual pipeline elements (right click -> Display Settings). We would love
feedback on this.
* Layout and geometry is not stored at exit and restored at startup.
* Improved property pages for readers and filters
* Preliminary support for plots. The first plot view we added is a bar plot
view. This is used only for histograms. To try it out, follow these steps:
    - Create a sphere from the sources menu
    - Apply the histogram filter (Filters->Test->ExtractHistogram)
    - Create a histogram view (Edit->Add Plot->Histogram)
    - Select the new view by clicking on it
    - Turn the visibility of the histogram filter on by clicking on the eye icon
We are working on making this process simpler :-)

There is still very little documentation. Look at
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III to get more information on the new
features. We will continue adding more documentation to this page as we progress.

Enjoy.
-Berk