[Paraview-developers] Making vtkPVBoxWidget::PlaceWidget(bds[6]) public?

Stanton, Eric T etstant at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 19 19:14:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a use case where I want to be able to create and place a
vtkPVBoxWidget using a set of bounds (i.e.
XMin,XMax,YMin,YMax,ZMin,ZMax) instead of translating, rotating, and
scaling. Currently, vtkPVBoxWidget::PlaceWidget(bds[6]) is protected.
Would anyone have an object to my making it public?

If the answer is yes, then I need to be able to take one box widget (the
one that PlaceWidget() initially creates) and translate, rotate, and
scale it in such a way to arrive at a given set of bounds. Because the
transformation matrix used by vtkSMBoxWidgetProxy is not accessible from
vtkPVBoxWidget, I don't know how I would do this.

For those familiar with Lookmarks in ParaView, I can better explain my
reasons for wanting to do what I'm doing. There's some external code
that generates bounding boxes from a dataset and I want to create a
lookmark of a view that clips away everything outside this box.

Eric Stanton
Sandia National Laboratories
Data Analysis and Visualization
505-284-4422