[Paraview-developers] vtkPVArraySelection and Exodus reader

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jan 9 11:10:55 EST 2006

This concerns the behaviour of the vtkPVArraySelection. Currently,
vtkPVArraySelection sets only the changes in the selection state on the
property: eg. if array1 and array2 were selected in previous Accept, and
the next time array2 was unselected, the value of the property at after
processing of the accept will be "array2 0".

The problem with this approach is that now the Server Manager state is
no longer a correct indication of the VTK object state for all the array
selection properties.

Berk thinks that the reason for the setting of changes on the property
is for the sake of the Exodus reader. The exodus reader has cases where
a selecting some array leads to selection/deselection of some other
array. We were wondering if anyone is aware of such a case with the
Exodus reader, and if it would break if we started setting all the
arrays' selection state on the property instead of merely the changes.

Thanks,
Utkarsh.