[Paraview-developers] ParaView 2.2 beta

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Jun 27 09:34:37 EDT 2005

Hi All,

The ParaView 2.2 beta release (version 2.2.0) is now available for download
from the ParaView web site: http://www.paraview.org/HTML/Download.html.  It
is also available through CVS; the tag is ParaView-2-2-0.  If you find bugs
in the release, please e-mail me; preferably also send me a patch file to
fix the problem.  There have been several changes since the 2.0 release of
ParaView; they include the following.

* projected tetra unstructured grid volume rendering
* zsweep unstructured grid volume rendering
* choice of still render methods for unstructured grid volume rendering
(ray cast, zsweep, projected tetra)
* RenderModules/Displays are now ServerManager proxies.
* Added support to animate the Camera.
*Enhance XML format to support Time Steps
* allow people to write XML file through a C or Fortran interface (more VTK
than ParaView really).
* Comparative visualization. First prototype for comparative visualization
framework.
* Better AMR support. Made many improvements and bug fixes to the AMR
framework. Added several filters, including filters for extracting levels,
coloring by levels. This is ongoing work.
* New SPCTH reader and new Extract CTH Part filter that work now by using a
vtkHierarchicalDataSet instead of a vtkCTHData.  (Note: now, a file opened
with extension .spcth will run the new reader, the exact same file with
extension .amrspcth will run the old reader based on vtkCTHData.)
* Xdmf reader: now it can deals with "collection" of datasets by grouping
them into a vtkHierarchicalDataSet.

The web site lists precompiled binaries for Windows and Linux.  We are
working on one for Mac OSX.

Hope you enjoy the new release.

Amy Squillacote
Kitware, Inc.