[Paraview-developers] Proposed ParaView CVS hierarchy

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:44:36 -0700

The new hierarchy seems fine to me, what I don't quite understand is why the
insistence that people recompiled another version of VTK for ParaView.

People are either going to be end users, in which case they want to just
download binaries. Or people are developers and they already have VTK
sitting around (for their own VTK project development) and just want to
'link' ParaView to that.

My preference is not have a paraview-complete and just have a paraview that
'links' to a certain version of VTK.

I'm sure there are good arguments the other way, and perhaps it makes more
sense. So I'd like to hear the flip side.

	Brian Wylie
	Sandia National Laboratories
	MS 0822 - Org 9227 - Building 880/A1-J
     (505) 844-2238   FAX (505) 845-0833