[Paraview-developers] (no subject)

Stanton, Eric T etstant at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 10 16:12:10 EDT 2004

I'm trying to determine if its possible in ParaView to modify attribute
values of one or a group of nodes (or cells). What I would like to do is
have the user select via a pick or box clip a set of nodes and then set a
certain attribute of each of those nodes to the same value. The vtkPVPick
class shows me how to get the vtkDataSetAttributes object which gives me
access to the vtkDataArray object of the attribute in question which I can
then modify. Does this sound feasible? Does ParaView's parallelism add a
level of complexity that I'm not appreciating?

Thanks,

Eric Stanton
Sandia National Laboratories
Data Analysis and Visualization