[Opengeoscience-developers] Unable to import osgeo correctly

darshan pandit darshan12345 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:21:30 EDT 2014

I am unable to import osgeo for the python using uvcdat. I am however,
able to import using my regular installation of python. Is there
anything else I am missing here. I couldn't find much help on Google.

I am getting the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/darshan/wednesday/build_uvcdat/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osgeo/__init__.py",
line 21, in <module>
    _gdal = swig_import_helper()
  File "/home/darshan/wednesday/build_uvcdat/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osgeo/__init__.py",
line 17, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_gdal', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol: jp2_encode_uuid

Regards,
Darshan Pandit.