[Openchemistry-developers] Google SoC 2021 Inquiry - Nathan Wood

Wood,Nathan T woodn at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 12 13:17:00 EST 2021

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Nathan Wood and I am currently a Year 3 Microbiology and Cell Sciences Undergraduate at the University of Florida, United States (-0500). I have academic interests in computational biology and cheminformatics, with experience in Python.

I have particular interest in contributing to the Google SoC 2021 project "Visualization of Molecular Structure and Reactivity," stemming from previous work with PyMOL in undergraduate research, and would like to inquire more about this project.  I am currently looking at the repository to see if this project is within my scope. I also have secondary interest in "Extended interoperability of GOpt and Quantum Chemistry Software," with previous academic experience with gradient and Hessian Determinant calculations , Hartree Fock approximations and MO theory.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Nathan Wood
He/Him/His