[Openchemistry-developers] Google Summer of Code 2019

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:43:03 EST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. This message is a semi-automated reply, so apologies in advance if it does not respond to all of your questions.

While we have been part of GSoC and intend to apply again for 2019, there is no guarantee that we will be selected.

That said, our org is a bit different in that we are an "umbrella" organization, consisting of several chemistry projects. We suggest that you take a look at the ideas page, which indicates each of the individual organizations under Open Chemistry as well as some example ideas. (Currently, this has not been substantially revised from 2018 except to remove projects completed by last year's students.)

We suggest that you select an individual project (e.g., Avogadro, cclib, deepchem, rdkit, open babel, 3dmol.js, ..) to inquire about particular interests. Different projects require different skills and programming languages.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison