[Openchemistry-developers] Fwd: Version 1.6 is released!

Karol Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:37:30 EDT 2018

FYI we just released v1.6 of cclib!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Karol Langner <karol.langner at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 6:36 PM
Subject: Version 1.6 is released!
To: cclib-dev List <cclib-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, <
cclib-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Kunal Sharma <ks05111996 at gmail.com>

Hello cclibers,

I just completed the v1.6 release on GitHub and PyPI. This is a minor
version increment (previous was v1.5.3), because we have some new parsers...

Speaking of which, this version includes most of the GSOC 2018 work done by
Kunal over the summer. We had a great time working with him, and I think he
was quite productive. As a result, cclib now has some degree of support for
both Molcas and Turbomole. Thanks Kunal!

Summary of changes since last version:
 - New parser: cclib can now parse Molcas files (Kunal Sharma)
 - New parser: cclib can now parse Turbomole files (Christopher Rowley,
Kunal Sharma)
 - New script: ccframe writes data table files from logfiles (Felipe
Schneider)
 - Support time attribute and BOMD output in Gaussian, NWChem, ORCA and
QChem
 - Support package version in metadata for most parsers
 - Many other minor improvements and bug fixes from Jonathon Vandezande,
Jaime Rodríguez-Guerra and others

I would also add that we now have documentation that automatically builds
and updates after each commit (and sources are alongside the code), thanks
to Eric Berquist's work. This is a very positive change in my mind, and I
hope the docs will continue improving in quality.

As always, the main place to coordinate future work is GitHub:
https://github.com/cclib/cclib

Best,
Karol