[Openchemistry-developers] Regarding the proposal (GSoC 2018)

Karol Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:39:56 EDT 2018

Hi Kunal,

First of all, I need to say that bunching projects together will not
necessarily increase your chances. We would much prefer to get one high
quality project that will be finished comprehensively, than 2-3 projects
with minimal implementations. I think there is enough room for a whole
summer's worth of coding for all of these projects. So we might be
concerned whether you can take on that much work.

For new parsers, there are at least two active issues for cclib concerned
with new parsers: https://github.com/cclib/cclib/issues/180 and
https://github.com/cclib/cclib/issues/191. Please also do you own research
about what programs you think would be good to parse. A reasonable place to
start would be, for example, the Wikipedia page listing computation
chemistry programs. We'd be most interested, probably, in programs that
support Hartree-Fock and post-HF methods:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_quantum_chemistry_and_solid-state_physics_software

HTH,
Karol