[Openchemistry-developers] Contribution to Open Chemistry: Google Cardboard for 3Dmol.js

Utkarsh Tripathi f2016894 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Tue Jan 30 02:54:22 EST 2018

Hi,
I am a second year undergraduate student of Chemistry at BITS Pilani,
India. I have been using Avogadro for various purposes and would like to
contribute to the Open Chemistry projects at Google Summer of Code 2018. I
have experience with programming in C,C++ and Javascript. I have also
worked on 3D modeling and visualization software for thermodynamic
real-gases using SolidWorks and Python at Quazar (http://www.quazartech.com
).

In Open Chemistry, I am specifically interested in the project 'Google
Cardboard for 3Dmol.js'. I found that we can use Unity SDK to export VR
content using WebGL: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-building.html?_
ga=2.15865137.66997045.1517274849-51220539.1515893353

Unity supports development in Javascript and it is free for educational &
non-commercial use. so it is feasible to utilise Unity SDK to develop
client-server VR applications.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Utkarsh Tripathi
f2016894 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
utkarshbitsp at gmail.com