[Openchemistry-developers] GSoC 2018

Karol Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 00:18:15 EST 2018

Hi Alok,

Good to hear from you. I don't think a deep understanding of computational
chemistry or web crawling is a prerequisite, but of course it would be an
advantage. You need to be familiar enough with these subjects to be able to
propose a project plan that would deliver results during the summer. The
only way we can judge this is your proposal and any contributions you make
before the application period.

I would mention that this project is a little more research-y than most
others. You'll need to design a crawler/scraper that is appropriate for
this application, and figure what gaps need to be filled in in the existing
codebase.

Let us know if you have any other questions

- Karol