[Openchemistry-developers] Introduction

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 22:53:02 EST 2017

> I am a student of Computer Science and Engineering (Second Year), in Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. Since, I am new to the world of open source development, I require some basic guidance from the community of OpenChemistry

OpenChemistry is an "umbrella project". That is, it's a community of multiple projects with different programming languages, purposes, and project needs.

A short outline:
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2017 <http://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2017>

(Some of these naturally were used in 2017 - we have not yet updated for 2018 ideas.)

So I think the questions are:
- What programming languages do you know?
- What kinds of topics interest you?

Best regards,
-Geoff